I am super excited to finally post this Whole Roasted Cauliflower recipe. I have had it in the archives to share for a while. Oddly enough this recipe was inspired by a storm that came in. I actually was pretty sick at the time but this summer storm passed through and brought in the most beautiful natural light in to our house. It was kind of killing me that I was not shooting anything because the light was just too perfect.
So I got up and looked in the refrigerator and saw that we had a gorgeous cauliflower from our Bloomsbury Farm CSA. I had always wanted to try a whole roasted cauliflower and I realized this would be the perfect time!
So I threw everything together and ended up with an amazing recipe and some beautiful light filled images. I love when inspiration comes from unexpected places.
This recipe is very simple and I really love how the flavor and texture turned out for the whole roasted cauliflower. Roasting it whole allowed for it to not steam and become to soft. The cauliflower has a bit more crunch than if you were to sauté it in a panIif you really don’t enjoy your cauliflower having a crunch than I would definitely cook it for a few more minutes. I decided to cover it with some parchment for most of the cooking time because it kept the top from burning and allow it to cook more evenly. You may need to adjust cooking time according to how large your cauliflower is. It is a super fun way to cook and eat it though and definitely a beautiful presentation!
Easy whole roasted cauliflower recipe with just a few simple ingredients like olive oil, salt and paprika.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take your cauliflower and cut off the leaves and stems so the cauliflower can lie flat on the pan.
- Rub the olive oil, garlic, salt and paprika over the cauliflower and then place a piece of parchment loosely on top and around it.
- Roast it for about 20 minutes and then remove the parchment and roast for another 5-8 minutes or until the top is slightly crispy and the cauliflower slightly softened.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You may need to adjust cooking time according to the size of the cauliflower.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: whole roasted cauliflower, how to make whole roasted cauliflower