Simple Summer Salsa. Is there anything better? I will go ahead and answer this question for you and say…NO! This is my second installment of my Bloomsbury CSA recipe card contribution. I have absolutely loved creating and contributing recipes for my local farm and CSA. Tomatoes in the south are kind of a sacred thing and something we really look forward to each summer. We are lucky to get access to probably the best around. So if you live in the middle Tennessee area you REALLY need to get your hands on some of these Bloomsbury tomatoes.
I decided to do a really simple summer salsa because this recipe is kind of a staple for us during tomato season and it is SO easy. I also find that I get asked a lot for an easy salsa recipe. Most of the ingredients you use in this is actually in season and you can put this stuff on EVERYTHING…and I mean everything. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner ALLLLL summer long. My husband plowed through this batch before I even got much of it so be prepared to become a complete salsa addict. So grab some extra tomatoes next time you are at the farmer’s market and throw together a batch of delicious homemade salsa.
A great way to use up all those summertime tomatoes. Simple salsa recipe made with tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, garlic and lime.
- 2lbs tomatoes, chopped (any variety)
- 1/3 cup (2 whole) jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If you want a smoother texture to your salsa take about half the mixture and pulse in a food processor or blender. Add it back to the bowl and mix together.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Simple salsa recipe, salsa recipe, summer salsa recipe, salsa with tomatoes, No blender salsa recipe