Fudgy Oat Flour Brownies. Get in my belly!
Brownies are easily one of my favorite desserts and I really wanted to create a staple recipe that I could go back to over and over. My goal was to create a super easy recipe where I would have all the ingredients on hand AND to create a super rich and slightly fudgy brownie.
Ingredients for Fudgy Oat Flour Brownies
- Dark Chocolate: This ingredient is really king in this recipe so I would highly recommend you get your favorite high-quality chocolate. I usually like to use around a 70% dark chocolate but this really is a personal preference. The melted chocolate helps provide a fudgy and decadent brownie
- Oat flour: The one and only gluten-free flour used in this recipe. I really love when I can successfully use just ONE gluten-free flour. It is a flour made from whole-grain oats that lends a sweet and slightly nutty flavor to these brownies. It not only provides a complexity of flavor but it is a really affordable and a readily available gluten-free flour.
- Unsalted Butter: Is there really a better combination than butter and chocolate? As a rule of thumb, if you want a fudgy brownie than it has to contain more fat and less flour. That is why this recipe has a whole stick of butter in it. I recommend using unsalted butter so you can control how much salt goes in to the batter.
How to Make Fudgy Oat Flour Brownies
- I decided to make these in a stand mixer to ensure that everything was thoroughly combined but you can also just use a hand mixer.
- You want to start by melting the dark chocolate and you can do that in the microwave or in the double boiler. Set it aside to cool to room temperature because if it is too hot it could curdle the eggs.
- Next add the melted butter and sugar to the mixer and beat until combined. Then start adding the eggs one at a time and mix on medium speed. The mixture should start turning a pale yellow. Then you want to start adding the vanilla and the melted dark chocolate.
- While that is mixing whisk together your dry ingredients and then pour that in to the batter. Mix until combined and then use a spatula to stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter in to the prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes. You definitely don’t want to overcook these if you want the fudgy brownie texture.
Tips for Making Fudgy Oat Flour Brownies
You can find oat flour in almost any grocery store now but it is also available online. I like THIS one from Amazon. You can also make your own oat flour. My friend Nora has a great recipe you can check out HERE.
If you have celiac or extreme gluten sensitivity be sure to buy a certified gluten-free flour.
Yes, you can use coconut sugar as a substitute for the cane sugar.
Yes, I highly recommend you use a kitchen scale for this recipe. Not getting the melted chocolate amount right could completely throw off this recipe. In my opinion, a kitchen scale is one of the best purchases you could make. I have THIS one and absolutely love it.
I prefer to use chocolate that is around 70% because I love a super rich chocolate but this really is more of a personal preference. It is mostly important you use a good quality chocolate that you really love.
Looking for more recipes with oat flour? Check these out!Print
The BEST Fudgy Oat Flour Brownies that can be whipped up in not time at all. With just a few simple and affordable ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl melt six ounces of the dark chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl with a hand or stand mixer add the melted butter and sugar and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time continue to beat the mixture until everything is combined and mixture is a pale yellow. Add vanilla and melted chocolate and mix.
- Whisk together the oat flour, cocoa powder and salt and add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips and pour the brownie batter in to the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Try. not to over-bake if you want that fudgy consistency.
Keywords: fudgy oat flour brownies, oat flour brownies, gluten-free oat flour brownies, chocolate oat flour, oat flour,