This Three Pepper Butternut Squash Chicken Chili has become a staple in our house. Personally, we love soup and it doesn’t matter how hot or cold it is outside because we will eat it all year long.
We can eat this chili for several days and the flavor only gets better. This chicken chili is also filled with so many nourishing ingredients. Lastly, it is perfect for a large group of people. Have I sold you on how amazing this soup is yet?
Also, when you have people over you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen all night because you want to be able to join the fun.
You can easily double this butternut squash chicken chili recipe to feed a large crowd but a single batch should feed about six people.
Feel free to change up the peppers in this recipe and include some of your favorites and also remove the jalapeno if you don’t like much spice in your soup. Highly recommend that you include some delicious toppings because they add so much flavor to this chicken chili. My personal favorites are some chopped up cilantro, avocado and a good salsa.
Three Pepper Butternut Squash Chicken Chili
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion (approximately 1/2 a large onion)
- 1 cup chopped poblano pepper (approximately 2 medium peppers)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (approximately 1 large pepper)
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups bone broth/stock
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Rice or cauliflower rice
- Heat oil in a large soup pot and sauté the onions and peppers for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add the cubed butternut squash and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broth and let the soup simmer for 20-25 or until the squash is softened.
- Lastly, add the cooked, shredded chicken and simmer for 2-3 more minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: three pepper chicken chili, butternut chicken chili, three pepper butternut squash chicken chili, chicken chili, paleo chicken chili
[amazon_link asins=’B0146I3ND2′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b3d47d44-ea9a-11e7-8bc2-2f3a4595c3b4′]
Leave a Reply