- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion (approximately 1/2 a large onion)
- 1 cup chopped poblano pepper (approximately 2 medium peppers)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (approximately 1 large pepper)
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups bone broth/stock
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Rice or cauliflower rice
- Heat oil in a large soup pot and sauté the onions and peppers for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add the cubed butternut squash and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broth and let the soup simmer for 20-25 or until the squash is softened.
- Lastly, add the cooked, shredded chicken and simmer for 2-3 more minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: three pepper chicken chili, butternut chicken chili, three pepper butternut squash chicken chili, chicken chili, paleo chicken chili