This Dairy-free Spinach Artichoke Dip was probably one of the most challenging recipes I have had in a while. My desire was to create a dip completely free of dairy and also cashews but still give you that satisfying creamy and cheesy flavor we all love about spinach artichoke dip.
I used avocado, coconut milk and nutritional yeast to mimic the flavors of traditional artichoke dip.
It took many tries but I did finally get this artichoke dip tasting exactly as I wanted. Not only is this spinach artichoke dip packed full of flavor but also incredibly creamy and decadent. Reminiscent of those restaurant style artichoke dips that we have all come to know and love. However, so much more nutritious than what you can find in a restaurant.
Lastly, this spinach and artichoke dip also tastes great on top of some shredded chicken.
Dairy-free Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1lb chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (approximately 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (approximately 1 lemon)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Thaw the frozen artichoke and spinach and squeeze the extra water out of the spinach leaves.
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts with a knife or in a food processor.
- Add the spinach leaves, artichoke, bell pepper and onion to a bowl and mix.
- Combine all of the cream sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until mixture is creamy.
- Pour the cream sauce in the bowl with the filling and thoroughly combine.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking dish or in a 10 inch cast iron pan. Bake the dip for 20-25 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can serve it with chips, vegetable slices or anything else you like to use.
Keywords: dairy-free spinach dip, dairy-free spinach artichoke dip, spinach artichoke dip, dairy-free artichoke dip
Leave a Reply