Giving you all a healthier twist on the classic Jalapeño popper appetizer. Obviously, by the picture you can tell that these are not classic jalapeno poppers filled with cream cheese, battered and fried.
These Jalapeño Poppers are roasted and stuffed with a smoky mashed sweet potato and topped with creamy goat cheese.
I really love how incredibly simple these jalapeño poppers are but also incredibly satisfying. They take little to not time to make. Trust me, you will feel a lot better after eating this jalapeño popper recipe rather than the deep fried ones.
- 1.5–2lbs sweet potato (approximately 2 potatoes)
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 10–12 large jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5oz goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake the sweet potatoes for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Toss the jalapenos in olive oil and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potato and place in a bowl with the butter and seasoning and thoroughly mash with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of sweet potato filling in each jalapeno cavity and top with goat cheese.
- Bake poppers for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and toasted.
Keywords: jalapeno, jalapeno poppers, healthy jalapeño poppers,