The reason I like this blackberry chutneys so much is because it lends an element of sweetness to something savory without being overpowering.
This chutney is packed full of sweet blackberries and acidic balsamic. Surprisingly, the perfect pairing to compliment a myriad of dishes. The combination of the berries make it perfect for spring and summer dishes.
Although this goes really well with lamb it would also be great on roasted chicken or pork.
- 1 lb blackberries
- ¾ cup yellow onion, diced
- ½ tsp ginger, freshly grated
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 grinds, fresh black pepper
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions and let them cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the balsamic, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper and stir. Add the blackberries and stir.
- Let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up the blackberries.
Keywords: Blackberry chutney, blackberry, chutney