- 1 lb blackberries
- ¾ cup yellow onion, diced
- ½ tsp ginger, freshly grated
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 grinds, fresh black pepper
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions and let them cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the balsamic, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper and stir. Add the blackberries and stir.
- Let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up the blackberries.
Keywords: Blackberry chutney, blackberry, chutney