I’m super excited to do a cookbook review for Kenzie Swanhart of Cave Girl in the City. She wrote a wonderful book entitled “Paleo in 28”. Kenzie knows how hard it can be to completely change your diet and fit it in a busy lifestyle. She gives you all the tools you need to not only make it easy but also very enjoyable.
This book is a detailed guide to 4 weeks of Paleo recipes, meal plans and grocery shopping list. There are 130 recipes that contain only 5 ingredients so it is not only easy but also budget friendly.
A lot of times people just don’t know where to start and I remember feeling that way when I first switched to Paleo. I think a book like this would have been really helpful and saved me a lot of time and frustration.
I also get to share a great recipe with you all from the book. I honestly had a really hard time deciding on a recipe because so many of them looked so good. I ended up making the “mini pizzas” in the snack section. I really love pizza and pepperonis so it seemed like a recipe I would really enjoy and I definitely did. It took me very little time to put this together and enjoyed snacking on them for more than one day.
Paleo in 28 is a great addition to your cookbook library. It would also be a great gift to a friend or family member who wants to make a big change in the way they eat and needs some guidance. I will be running a Giveaway of this awesome book over on my Instagram soon so stay tuned!
- 4 zucchini
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup mini pepperoni slices
- Dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to the broil setting.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch – thick dices.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Place one layer of zucchini discs in the pan, and cook for 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the zucchini discs on a parchment paper – lined baking sheet.
- Top each zucchini disc with tomato sauce, pepperoni and dried oregano.
- Bake for 1 to 2 minutes and serve.
- If you can’t find mini pepperoni slices at your local market, pick up regular pepperoni slices and chop them into smaller pieces that fit on the zucchini disks.
- Serving Size: 4