We have been making SO much salsa this summer and by SO much I really do mean a lot. We are super spoiled with the most amazing CSA and their tomatoes are basically heaven in a fruit. We basically don’t eat tomatoes if they are not in season anymore because they taste like mushy watery nastiness.
I realized that summer is kind of coming to a close (*insert gasp) and I probably should post this recipe. It really seems crazy to me that it is already halfway through August. I am all about taking time to make food. I am never one who has to have a quick meal or recipe for everything. I really love the art and process behind cooking. However, I do still appreciate a quick recipe and this salsa has been a flavor life saver for our meals lately.
You can throw all these ingredients in your food processor or blender and be done in less than 10 minutes. You can roughly chop it for a chunky salsa or you can puree more. Feel free to adjust flavor according to your preference.
- 3 garlic cloves – 2 Tbsp, chopped
- 2 large jalapenos, deseeded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- Half white onion (4 oz)
- 2.5lbs tomatoes, cored and halved (approximately 7 large tomatoes)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Place the garlic, jalapenos, cilantro and white onion in a food processor or blender and pulse until you have large chunks.
- Add the tomatoes, lime juice, pepper and salt and pulse until mixture is combined and at your desired consistency.
Keywords: 10 minute blender salsa, how to make salsa in the blender, blender salsa, easy blender salsa