Parsnips have seriously become one of my favorite new vegetables. I love the unique “spicy” flavor it has. When they are roasted with herbs the flavors all really become cohesive and complement each other. Roasted parsnip fries are one of my go-to quick side dishes. They are tasty, nutritious and fun to eat like French fries. They get a nice crispiness on the outside and still a little soft on the inside. It pairs great with burgers, chicken tenders, pulled pork etc.
- 1 lb Parsnips (approximately four)
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Peel the outer layer of the parsnip and cut into desired fry shape.
- Put in a bowl and toss with olive oil, herbs and spices.
- Place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for about 25-30 minutes.
- They should be browned and slightly crisp on the outside.
- They may need to be turned over half way through cooking.
- Serving Size: 2