This dairy free chocolate protein ice cream is not only a creamy and rich dessert, but it is also filled with collagen protein to allow you to enjoy it completely guilt free!
Does ice cream really need an introduction? Hands down- it is one of the best desserts ever! When I stopped eating dairy for a while, this was one of my favorite foods.
I absolutely needed to figure out how to replace. And honestly, the options at the grocery store were not my favorite.
I want my ice cream to feel indulgent because it is so creamy and rich, but also be a little better for me.
I am so excited to share this chocolate dairy free ice cream recipe with you because it is not only delicious, but full of collagen protein and free from processed sugar.
What ingredients to use for Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
Choosing a coconut milk that is high in fat will produce the soft and easily scoopable texture that we love in traditional ice cream. Full fat dairy free coconut milk in the can is the best to use for this protein ice cream.
Avocados are not only full of healthy fats to help increase the creamy texture of the dairy free ice cream, but also has valuable nutrients like B vitamins and vitamin K.
Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel
The Primal Kitchen collagen fuel protein powder is an excellent source of protein, offering 11 grams of protein in every scoop.
Collagen is beneficial not only for our gut lining but the amino acids in it are essential to maintaining youthful skin, beautiful hair and strong nails.
Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel is sweetened with sugar-free monk fruit giving this ice cream plenty of sweetness with very little added sugar.
I try to avoid excess processed sugars and chose maple syrup as a healthier alternative.
The maple syrup adds texture that allows the dairy free ice cream to remain creamy and soft when frozen. The flavor is rich and slightly nutty, giving the dairy free ice cream a boost of flavor.
How to Make Dairy-free Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
- First, start by combining all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend for 30-60 seconds until completely smooth.
- You can begin making the dairy free ice cream right away, or if you have time, allowing the batter to chill for an hour will allow the dairy free protein ice cream to thicken, making for a fluffier ice cream.
- Next, add the batter to your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer and take out about 10 minutes before serving.
FAQs and Tips for Making Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
What kind of ice cream maker do you prefer?
I use the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker that you can purchase HERE. I have been using it for 5 years and have never had any issues with it. It is an excellent investment I cannot recommend enough!
What if I don’t have Collagen Fuel?
I haven’t tested any other protein powders because I love the flavor of this one best.
However, you can probably use your favorite chocolate protein powder. If your protein powder is not sweetened you should increase the maple syrup by 2-3 tablespoons.
Looking for more Dairy-free Desserts? Check out these recipes!Print
Dairy-free chocolate protein ice cream is not only a creamy and rich dessert, but it is also filled with collagen protein to allow you to enjoy it completely guilt free!
- Add all of the ice cream ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the batter to your ice cream maker (I use THIS one) and follow according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Store in an airtight container and let it freeze completely. Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving to soften.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: chocolate protein ice cream, protein ice cream with collagen, collagen ice cream, dairy-free protein ice cream, dairy-free chocolate ice cream