This Build Your Own Margarita Station was created for my wonderful backyard Summer Gathering post. I share my favorite margarita base recipe and all the tools you need to create an epic margarita station with freshly squeezed juices, fruits and herbs!
Food has always been a significant part of my life for many reasons. It is something that inspires and fuels my creativity. One of the aspects of food I have always loved the most is the ability for it to bring people together. To gather around one place and spend time together eating, drinking, conversing and laughing.
I believe that creating food for people can truly be a way of showing that someone is heard and seen. Food really can allow you to communicate with people that no matter where they are in life that you notice them. They are seen, heard and loved. I always strive for people to leave my house not only full of food but also feeling like someone took the time to say that they matter.
Often times I don’t think we realize the power that food and gathering can really have on others. It is a powerful tool to truly create a powerful community.
Everything is designed for you to make it ahead of time so the host can truly be a part of the party instead of cooking in the kitchen. So even if you don’t make these recipes I encourage you to take some time this summer to invite your friends over. Eat, drink and spend some time gathering together with old and new friends.
“This is the power of gathering: it inspires us, delightfully, to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful: in a word, more alive. – Alice Waters”
Click the box below to see the full post
[button url=” https://jessiskitchen.com/2017/06/29/a-summer-gathering-2/” label=”A Summer Gathering” size=”large” color=”#2a9a75″ target=”_blank”]
Build Your Own Margarita Station
- Prep Time: 60
- Total Time: 90
- Yield: 25 1x
- 6 ¼ cups Tequila (50 ounces)
- 750ml bottle Orange Liqueur (25 ounces)
- 25 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (little over 3 cups)
- 1.5 cups ice
Optional add-ins for Margarita Station
- Fresh Strawberry
- Fresh Raspberry
- Sliced Jalapeno
- Fresh Cilantro
- Pineapple Juice
- Grapefruit Juice
Margarita Base Instructions
- Place the ingredients in your blender. More than likely you will have to do this in batches. Blend with the ice and then put the concentrate in a large pitcher or carafe’s.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place all the add-ins and juices out on the table with some muddlers and straws to stir. Encourage people to get creative and make their own signature drink.
- Feel free to include any of your favorite fruits, herbs and juices.
- This is meant to serve a large crowd and for people to have more than one drink. You can easily half the recipe to serve a smaller crowd or check out my Classic Margarita Recipe on jessiskitchen.com for a single serving.
- Make ahead: You can combine the margarita ingredients 3-4 hours before the party and store in the refrigerator until your guests are about to arrive.
- Be sure to provide your guests with some non-alcoholic beverage options too. I usually have an ice bucket full of La croix and sparkling water. Another great option would be my Beet and Pineapple Spritzer for a delicious mocktail.
- Make ahead – You can put all the juices in jars and prep the fruit 6-8 hours before the party and pull everything out before your guests arrive.
Keywords: margaritas, make your own margarita, margaritas for a crowd, how to make a margarita
[amazon_link asins=’B00N36ULFM,B015D9DXX8′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’a262f7ab-fa28-11e7-bf40-1552de5d10e4′]
you are very good blogger, thanks for sharing with us.