I recently shared a post on How to Easily eat More Vegetables and this Chocolate Peanut Butter Kale shake was included in the post.
Although I eat a lot of plants, the reality is that there are a lot of days that I don’t get enough of them or eat a large diversity and definitely not enough diversity.
Life is busy and some weeks I don’t get much meal prep done and that usually means that I end up not eating enough fruits and vegetables.
Recently I started using some vegetables powders from Dr. Cowan’s Garden that have really helped me easily increase my plant intake.
One of the reasons I loved them so much was that I could incorporate them in to our lifestyle. No longer did I have to supplement with some stale and disgusting green powder mixed with some water. All I had to do was sprinkle them on to our meals, add them to salad dressings or to my morning smoothies.
I loved being able to enhance the nutritional density of everything I was eating and increasing the diversity so easily.
I am a huge advocate for healthy eating being a part of your daily life and not something too complicated.
Let’s talk about Dr. Cowan’s Garden
- It is located in Napa Valley. The farm is fed by well water from the site. The vegetables are grown in hand-dug beds and no chemical fertilizers have ever been used.
- Their vegetables are harvested at peak flavor and quality and dehydrated on low heat to preserve nutrients (around 120 degrees).
- The vegetables powders are stored in Miron Jars that blocks the aging wavelengths of light to ensure freshness and prolonged storage.
- One teaspoon of powder is approximately a serving of vegetables (for example – one teaspoon of kale powder is about 6-7 large leaves).
- They are easily digestible making it ideal for people who struggle with insoluble fiber but still want to increase their plant intake.
Check out their website HERE and if you are interested in purchasing some powders be sure to use the promo code – JESSISKITCHEN for 15% off your entire order.
[button url=”https://www.drcowansgarden.com/collections/available-now-2#_l_8v” label=”Shop HERE” size=”large” color=”#2a9a75″ target=”_blank”]
I have been using the kale powder in a decadent chocolate peanut butter smoothie when I want something sweet but keeps it nutrient dense.Print
- 2 cups milk (I use canned coconut milk)
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp protein (I prefer collagen)
- 1 Tbsp MCT oil (optional)
- 2 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Kale Powder
- 6–8 ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour in to 2 large glasses and enjoy immediately.
- You can half the recipe for a single serving.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter shake, healthy chocolate shake, kale shake, kale smoothie, chocolate peanut butter,
[amazon_link asins=’B00K6JUG4K,B00XIDZOE8,B06Y4GY1VD,B00PHU67RS’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’422abcac-eb44-11e7-bb2c-494387f1c241′]