I started making these breakfast taco bowls when we had leftovers meat from our dinner the night before. These bowls are basically all my favorite things in one meal so I am pretty big fan of this recipe. I kept forgetting to take a picture of it so I could post it. It would be eaten before I realized that this is a recipe I really wanted to share.
You really can customize this taco bowl to any of your favorite ingredients. We often just use whatever veggies are in the house or I substitute roasted sweet potato for the friend plantains. A lot of times I skip the fried egg to save time and it is still as delicious. I would highly recommend the Smoked Jalapeno Farmhouse Culture Kraut though because it is out of this world delicious!
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, smashed
- 1 fried plantain (recipe here)
- ½ cup sauerkraut (optional)
- 2 fried eggs (optional)
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Place the ground beef in the skillet and break up the meat while it is cooking.
- Drain the grease if necessary and then add all the spices and water. Let the meat simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until a lot of the liquid is gone.
- While the meat is simmering, fry up the plantains and the eggs and set aside.
- Grab two large bowls and fill them with lettuce. Divide the rest of ingredients between two bowls and add the taco meat and fried egg.
Keywords: breakfast taco bowl, breakfast taco bowl with plantains, taco bowl for breakfast