I made these BBQ Sweet Potato Wedges a few weeks ago and posted them on Instagram and I realized that I HAD to share them on the blog. They were just way too good to keep to myself.
If you have followed me for a while you know that I LOVE Primal Palate Organic Spices. They are literally some of the best spices you could ever get. If you are struggling to stay on a healthy diet because food seems boring or bland you really should just look in to buying some of these blends. Some of our personal favorites are the Garlic & Herb, Adobo, Barbecue and Meat & Potato. You can find the blends over on Amazon or HERE on Primal Palate.
These sweet potato wedges are super fun to make and crazy easy. We make sweet potatoes all the time in our house but it is sometimes fun to change up how you cook them. Cooking times can vary so make sure you keep an eye on them toward the end so they don’t burn. We love to serve them with some burgers and dip them in some sort of spicy sauce.
Sweet potato wedges are also great to make ahead of time for some meal prep and then you can just heat them before your meal. I love to sprinkle a little more Barbecue rub on right before eating.
Barbecue Sweet Potato Wedges
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Diet: Gluten Free
Try these incredibly delicious baked sweet potato wedges with barbecue rub. Perfect dish to pair with any meal.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (Approximately 2.5lbs)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Primal Plate Barbecue Rub
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Additional Primal Plate Barbecue Rub
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and then cut those halves lengthwise and then repeat one more time. You can slice those in half one more time if you want even smaller wedges.
- Add them to a large bowl with the salt, barbeque rub and the melted coconut oil and toss.
- Lay the wedges out on the baking sheet and drizzle any remaining oil from the bowl on top.
- Roast for 20 minutes and then flip the sweet potatoes over and turn the oven up to 450 and roast for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with sweet potatoes and a little more BBQ rub.
- Keep an eye on the wedges toward the end of the recommended baking time. They may need less time or more depending on the oven.
Keywords: barbecue sweet potato wedges, baked sweet potato wedges, oven roasted sweet potato wedges,
Leave a Reply