Lettuce wrapped burgers are the normal thing to use for a vegetable “bun” but I personally LOVE these Collard Wrap Guacamole Burgers! It is not uncommon to see sandwiches and wraps made in collard leaves but one day I decided to try it with my burger. I found that it held up a lot better than the lettuce leaves. I could actually hold it and it not fall apart at all.
I almost feel bad posting this as a recipe because it is crazy easy and can really be used as a template for your own recipe. I am currently doing a whole30 and that means no bread – even gluten-free. One thing I love about not eating bread is how nutrient dense you can really make your meals. You can also substitute any of your
Collards are a thick green leaf and some people don’t love the texture. There is always the option to throw it in some boiling water to soften it for a minute. However, I would give it a try raw if you are feeling adventurous. I think you will really like it.
Try these low-carb collard wrap guacamole burgers. A healthy and delicious alternative.
Collard Wrap Burgers
- 1lb grass-fed beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 large collard leaves, split
- Preheat grill to 450 or a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Form 4 burger patties out of the one pound of beef and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes a side or until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Take the large collard leaves and slice the stalk out of the middle of the leaf.
- Spread your toppings on the bottom of the leaf and then place the burger patty on top. Fold the back of the collard leaf in to the burger and then take the other sides of the leave and fold the collard around the burger. Use a toothpick to keep it in place.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: collard wrap burgers, how to make collard wrap burgers, guacamole burger with collards