I seriously can’t get over the color in this Tropical Pitaya (Dragon Fruit) Smoothie Bowl. How pretty is that pink color? I am continually amazed at how beautiful real food is.
Things have been a little hectic around our house lately and are behind in posting recipes. As much as it bothers me I also have to stop and recognize that stuff happens and I don’t need to stress myself out more.
We recently bought a new house and got a really great deal on it because it is pretty outdated. Luckily it is in good shape but just outdated. My husband and I have been doing a lot of work on the house (particularly the kitchen) so we can move in.
It has been extremely tiring but also super fun and rewarding. I am very very thankful to have husband who is so handy and can do so much himself.
Okay, I guess I should get back to the recipe huh? I am actually a huge fan of Smoothie Bowls. I know they are kind of a trendy thing right now but I think for good reason. They are freaking delicious and BEAUTIFUL!
This recipe is more of a template for you. Feel free to get creative with toppings and flavors and just have fun with it. I decided to not put exact measurements on the toppings for that very reason. Do whatever sounds good to you and whatever amount that you want to put on top of your smoothie bowl.
A beautiful and delicious tropical smoothie bowl made from dragon fruit, banana and strawberries. Topped with more fruit, cacao nibs and chia seeds.
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 packs frozen Pitaya packs
- 5–6 frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- Place the banana, pitaya, strawberries, vanilla and milk in to a high speed blender and blend until it is smooth but a very thick consistency.
- Top with coconut, pineapple, blueberry, chia seeds and cacao nibs if desired.
- Feel free to get creative and add any of your favorite smoothie bowl toppings!
- Serving Size: 1