Carrots are basically one of my favorite things ever and I am pretty much obsessed with this Sweet and Smoky Carrot recipe. I am not really sure what it is about them but I am a sucker for a really good roasted carrot. It is also early in the morning and I am drinking my first cup of coffee and I can’t seem to think of anything to say about these carrots. Maybe I should come back later or finish my coffee first?! On a side note – it my husband and I’s anniversary and I am just really excited about that.
Okay, back to the carrots. This recipe is so super simple and can be thrown together in no time at all. You can easily cut the carrots to speed up cooking time or add some of your favorite root vegetables.
- 1.5–2lbs carrots
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients but the carrots in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet and pour the olive oil mixture over the carrots and thoroughly coat them.
- Roast for about 40 minutes or until carrots are caramelized and slightly softened.
- If carrots are too large you may want to cut them in half to reduce cooking time.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: sweet and smoky carrots, roasted carrots with dijon and paprika, roasted carrots with smoked paprika