Coconut macaroons have become one of my favorite go-to cookie recipes because they are so simple to make and I can successfully make egg-free and nut-free cookies for my friends that can’t tolerate them. Ironically, the reason I came up with this recipe was from a dream! Apparently I dream about recipes and I don’t really know how I feel about that! Hah!
I had a dream I took my original macaroon recipe and blended strawberry instead of using the applesauce. I woke the next morning and actually remembered my dream and gave it a try…and it worked! I dunno…maybe this makes me some sort of cookie visionary….;)
Seriously, these are so good and perfect for the fresh strawberries that are in season. Feel free to dip them in chocolate if you want more chocolate flavor. Just follow the instructions in my original macaroon recipe!
- 8 oz strawberries (approximately 1 heaping cup)
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3.5 cups shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine the strawberry, coconut milk and chia in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place all of the other ingredients in a large bowl and pour the strawberry mixture in.
- Thoroughly mix the macaroon mixture until everything is combined.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of batter with a scoop and pack it together tightly
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes. The bottoms should be browned and the top starting to.
- Let the macaroons cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes and place on a cooling rack.
- Let them cool completely before eating them. A minimum of one hour.
- You MUST pack the batter tightly or they won’t cook correctly and will probably fall apart.
Keywords: coconut macaroons, strawberry coconut macaroons, strawberry chocolate chip coconut macaroons