On day four of my “Ten Days of Thanksgiving” I am sharing one of my favorite recipes for Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes.
I know there are a million mashed potato recipes out there but I just really love this variation and I had to share it with my Thanksgiving posts. It is actually a fairly simple recipe but packed with loads of flavor. Roasted garlic and potatoes are basically a match made in heaven but I love the texture and tang that the goat cheese gives this recipe.
You can make some of this recipe ahead of time by roasting the garlic the day before. I personally like to cook the potatoes quickly in my instant pot but you can also just boil them on the stove until softened.
A classic dish reinvented to impress any crowd.
Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 55
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Sides
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 – 4.5lbs red potatoes, cooked (see notes)
- 4 oz grass-fed butter
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Chives (for garnish)
- Paprika (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut the top part of the bulb of garlic and lay it in the middle of a large piece of parchment paper. Pour the olive oil on top and then pull up the sides of the parchment paper and twist the top of the parchment so it is tightly wrapped around bulb.
- Roast the garlic for 30-35 minutes or until it is softened and slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool some. Once cool enough to handle open up the parchment and then grab the garlic from the bottom and squeeze out the roasted bulbs in to a bowl.
- Add the cooked potatoes, roasted garlic, butter, goat cheese, salt and pepper to a large bowl and beat with a hand or stand mixer until creamy.
- Serve in a large bowl and top with fresh chives and paprika.
- I personally like to cook the potatoes quickly in my instant pot but you can also just boil them on the stove until softened
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: goat cheese mashed potatoes, roasted garlic goat cheese mashed potatoes,
These look incredible!!! They’re going on my Thanksgiving menu!
Jessi's Kitchen says
Yay! Hope you love it!