Growing up we would often eat frozen popsicles as we walked around our neighborhood or on our way to the local high school football/baseball field to play. Fudgesicles were always my favorite because I am and have always been a chocolate lover over fruit. I’m starting to become more of a fruit dessert lover but it is very rarely my first choice. My husband on the other hand LOVES fruit desserts and I have always found that to be very strange…no offense babe! On the bright side, I don’t usually have to share my dessert with him so that’s a win!
I decided with these fudgesicles to blend our dessert preferences and make raspberry chocolate ones. I pureed raspberries in the batter and also folded in some chopped pieces for texture and fresh fruit flavor. But if you don’t like fruit chunks in your popsicles than you can definitely leave it out. This is really a super simple recipe that lends a creamy and rich frozen dessert. It contains a lot of great, necessary fats and very little added sugar. I would also recommend eating these outside because it is scientifically proven that fudgesicles taste better when eaten outdoors!
Raspberry Chocolate Fudgesicles
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 360
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup avocado, 1/2 of a small avocado
- 3/4 cup raspberries, divided
- 5 whole dates (Medjool)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender except 1/4 cup of raspberries.
- Blend until smooth and put through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth.
- Chop the remaining raspberries in to small pieces and fold it in to the batter.
- Pour batter in to popsicle molds according to manufacturer’s instructions and freeze for about 5 hours or overnight
- This is not an overly sweet frozen treat so if you want it to be sweeter than add a couple more dates.
- The chopped fruit is optional if you do not prefer fruit pieces in your frozen popsicles.
This combines all of my favorite foods. So excited to try these!!
One for me please!! 😉
Tim Pannell says
I’d like to take a walk with you and try one of these delicious Raspberry Chocolate Fudgesicles.
Manny Rutinel says
What a great post! I just followed you to stay updated on your future posts and I look forward to them. I just started my own vegetarian/political blog, so feel free to check it out and let me know what you think!
Have a great day! 😀
Can’t wait for summer to try these! My daughter will love it!
Mother nurturer and artist
Mmmmm! Sounds so yummy for Summer!