If you have followed my blog for any extended period of time you would know that I have a serious love for guacamole and avocados. I am also all about non-traditional guacamole and am slowly filing the archives with different ways to make guacamole. My latest addition is this Pomegranate and Pumpkin Seed Guacamole. So far I have the Grilled Peach and Bacon and the Roasted Garlic and Basil Guacamole.
I think I talk about this in every single guacamole post but I am going to go ahead and do it again. Several years ago I read in a book that you should only put salt in your guacamole to enhance all the other flavors and leave out all the other spices like cumin, garlic etc. I could not recommend this method enough! It is all about finding the right balance of lime, cilantro and jalapeno and then letting the salt enhance all of those flavors. So give it a try a few times and let me know what you think!
I created this recipe for two reasons. One – I thought it could be a fun recipe to post for a Thanksgiving appetizer. Although it is not traditional it is super fun and festive. Also, most people really love guacamole. Two – I have kind of been obsessed with pumpkin seeds lately and have been putting them in everything. We really love to serve our guacamole with some Jackson’s Honest Sweet Potato Chips or Purple Heirloom!
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 avocados
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and lightly toast the pumpkin seeds for 3-5 minutes and then set aside.
- Add the chopped jalpaeno, cilantro and lime juice to a large bowl and combine.
- Pit the avocados and place the avocado flesh in the bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Mash the avocado to your desired texture.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and pomegranate and lightly mix until combined. Serve immediately.
- Feel free to adjust lime and jalapeño to taste! We like to serve the guacamole with Jackson’s Sweet Potato Chips.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: guacamole with pumpkin seeds and pomegranate, pomegranate and pumpkin seeds guacamole,