This Cabbage, Pear and Roasted Cauliflower Salad is basically a summary of my serious love for fall-flavored salads. They have such a complex and robust flavor compared to light summer salads. I usually like to make shredded brussels sprout salads but decided to use cabbage in its place. We got a bunch of cabbage in our CSA basket and basically the best freaking cauliflower I have ever had!
The dressing is a combination of red wine vinegar, lemon, garlic and fresh basil. It is a perfect sweet and tangy dressing to complement the bitter cabbage flavor. The pear and pomegranate also lends a sweet flavor that compliments the smoky roasted cauliflower and everything is topped off with a crunch from the pumpkin seeds!
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 red Anjou pear, cored and diced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 medium sized cauliflower
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple or honey
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped basil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the florets off the cauliflower and in to bite size pieces. Toss in olive oil and seasonings. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until slightly caramelized and softened. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and add the roasted cauliflower once cooled.
- Combine all the salad dressing ingredients in a jar and cover with a lid and shake thoroughly until combined.
- Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately or put in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: cabbage, pear and roasted cauliflower salad, roasted cauliflower salad, cabbage and roasted cauliflower salad