This Cabbage, Pear and Roasted Cauliflower Salad is basically a summary of my serious love for fall-flavored salads. They have such a complex and robust flavor compared to light summer salads. I usually like to make shredded brussels sprout salads but decided to use cabbage in its place. We got a bunch of cabbage in our CSA basket and basically the best freaking cauliflower I have ever had!
The dressing is a combination of red wine vinegar, lemon, garlic and fresh basil. It is a perfect sweet and tangy dressing to complement the bitter cabbage flavor. The pear and pomegranate also lends a sweet flavor that compliments the smoky roasted cauliflower and everything is topped off with a crunch from the pumpkin seeds!
Cabbage, Pear and Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 red Anjou pear, cored and diced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 medium sized cauliflower
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple or honey
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped basil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the florets off the cauliflower and in to bite size pieces. Toss in olive oil and seasonings. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until slightly caramelized and softened. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and add the roasted cauliflower once cooled.
- Combine all the salad dressing ingredients in a jar and cover with a lid and shake thoroughly until combined.
- Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately or put in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: cabbage, pear and roasted cauliflower salad, roasted cauliflower salad, cabbage and roasted cauliflower salad
This salad made my afternoon! I added a little white balsamic vinegar to the mix and put in avocado and pineapple (in the same proportion as the pear) and cut the honey and extra oil in the dressing. It was such a refreshing treat, I think I’ll make it for dinner, too! The timing was perfect since as soon as my salad was prepped, the cauliflower was ready to go! Thanks for yet another great recipe! 🙂
Jessi's Kitchen says
Yay! So glad you liked it! Love the idea of adding pineapple and avocado! Yum!