A couple weeks ago we got a lot of eggplant in our CSA basket and for some reason I struggle with figuring out how to use it. The obvious and delicious choice is baba ganoush which I love but I wanted to do something different. Then this Mediterranean Lentil and Roasted Eggplant Salad was born.
I have been enjoying lentils lately and thought they would be a great flavor pairing with the eggplant. Since a lot of tahini is used in my baba ganoush recipe I knew that it would be a great base for a salad dressing that also includes lots of fresh mint and dill to enhance the fresh flavor.
Lentils can be a great source of protein and the flavor pairs perfectly with the roasted eggplant.
They can also be a great addition to any soup and salad or can be used in my favorite Veggie Burger. Check out the recipe HERE.
Lastly, you can easily include some of your favorite summer vegetables. Feel free to get creative and enjoy!Print
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp chopped mint, fresh
- 1 Tbsp chopped dill, fresh
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the eggplant and sliced bell pepper and sprinkle with salt and drizzle the olive oil. Roast for 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar and place a lid on it and shake to combine.
- In a large bowl add the eggplant, bell pepper, spinach, cucumber and lentils. Drizzle with a desired amount of dressing and serve immediately.
Keywords: lentil salad, roasted eggplant salad, lentil and roasted eggplant, eggplant and tahini, gluten-free lentil salad
[amazon_link asins=’B00F739OFC,B000LKUU7W,B005HVECSI’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=”jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’36373743-76d1-11e7-9b36-f98b9d26baf3′]