This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe has been a long time coming. I seriously have been meaning to blog it for the past couple months and every time I made it I would forget to take pictures of it.
We are doing a January Whole 30 so I started doing some food prep today. This is a very simple recipe and post but honestly is something we make all the time. Sometimes I forget to share just simple, every day recipes for people who are in a hurry but still want to eat healthy.
When I actually sit down and get organized with meal planning I like to make a large batch of chicken or beef for my husband and I to eat on for several days. It really helps having some protein on hand for a quick meal.
We got an Instant Pot about six months ago and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I seriously never would have imagined we would use it as much as we do. It really is a life and time saver though. It is great for quick cooking sweet potatoes, stew, roasts and even soups.
If I am doing a bunch of meal prep I usually cook 4lbs of chicken at a time. My all-time favorite way to make it is with the Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning. It makes the most magical tasting chicken and then we can put it in a big batch of chicken salad, soup or just eat it with some sweet potatoes and greens. I would highly recommend ordering this Adobo Seasoning. You can find it on Primal Palate or over on Amazon. ALL their spices are out of this world. If you can’t get your hands on those blends I would just substitute with your favorite chicken spice blend.
If you are looking to save time on healthy eating I would highly recommend investing in an Instant Pot!
Happy New Year!
Meal prep made easy with this super fast Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe.
- 4lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 cup chicken stock or bone broth
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the chicken.
- Hit the “sauté” button on your instant pot and heat the oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the chicken and sear on each side for 20-30 seconds. You may need to do this in batches.
- Pour the broth over the chicken and then turn off the “sauté” function and secure the lid.
- Hit the poultry button and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Let the chicken set for at least 5 minutes and then you can carefully do a quick release or let it naturally release.
- Remove from the pot and shred with a fork. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- If you don’t want to use the Adobo seasoning just substitute for your favorite spice blend.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: instant pot shredded chicken, shredded chicken in instant pot, easy instant pot chicken