Several months ago I posted a recipe for Instant Pot Coconut Curry Rice and it was a huge hit and also one of my personal favorite recipes. As much as I love the curry in there it is a spice that doesn’t go with everythin so I ended up creating just a plain coconut rice recipe and thought it was about time that I shared it with you all.
It is similar to the curry coconut rice recipe and the best part is that it only takes minutes to make!
I don’t even know how I cooked rice before owning an instant pot because it seriously turns out perfect every single time.
If you don’t have an instant pot I really can’t recommend one enough (I use THIS one). Amazon has sales ALL the time so keep an eye on it and grab one next time they drop the price because I promise it is SO worth it.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk*
- ½ cup water or broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Cilantro (optional garnish)
- Add all the ingredients to the instant pot and mix to combine.
- Secure the lid and set the instant pot on high pressure for 4 minutes
- Let it naturally release for 10 minutes and then finish venting.
- Use a fork to fluff the rice and serve immediately
- *Make sure your coconut milk is thick. You want to see a thick layer of coconut cream on top of the can. If the milk is too watery the consistency of the rice won’t be right.
Keywords: coconut rice, instant pot coconut rice, how to make instant pot rice, sugar free coconut rice
[amazon_link asins=’B00FLYWNYQ,B001HTJ2BQ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=”jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9aaa9189-964c-11e7-9b75-ef57052d200c’]