A quick and easy instant pot rice with savory and aromatic curry spices that blend perfectly with sweet and creamy coconut milk to make the perfect side dish.
Instant Pot Coconut Curry Rice!
The Instant Pot is one of the best inventions for the kitchen- ever because it makes those stressful weekday meals so much easier while still providing healthy and flavorful food.
This Instant Pot coconut curry rice is no exception. It is simple to make, full of delicious curry spices, and paired with creamy coconut milk to create the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
Coconut Rice Without Added Sugars
This Instant Pot coconut curry rice is made with no added sugar because I am always disappointed when I order coconut milk rice at a restaurant and find that they have added a lot of sugar, masking the rich flavors naturally found in the coconut milk.
Making this Instant Pot coconut milk curry rice without added sugar makes it a much healthier alternative to traditional coconut milk rice recipes.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Coconut Curry Rice
This recipe only calls for a few simple ingredients.
- Jasmine Rice: This recipe calls for organic jasmine rice because of the texture it provides. It is light and fluffy and doesn’t get sticky like some rice can.
- Curry Powder: This recipe is prefect for you to use your favorite yellow curry blend. I am completely obsessed with the Primal Palate curry powder. In my opinion it is a perfectly balanced blend that offers superior flavor to any other yellow curry I have tried. I usually grab it from Amazon or Thrive Market.
- Coconut Milk: For this recipe, a can of full fat coconut milk is essential. The full fat canned coconut milk is what adds the subtle sweetness to the rice along with the rich, creamy texture that we all crave in coconut milk rice.
How to Make Instant Pot Coconut Curry Rice
- First, add all the ingredients to your Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Next, secure the lid to the Instant Pot and select “Manual”. Set the time for 4 minutes.
- After the rice is finishing cooking, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then manually vent. Use a fork to gently fluff the rice and serve immediately.
FAQs and Tips for making Instant Pot Coconut Curry Rice
1. What if I don’t have an Instant Pot?
- Instant Pots are a great investment but if you do not have one, simply add all the ingredients to a sauce pan on the stove and follow the instructions on your bag of rice to cook accordingly.
2. Is the recipe gluten free or vegan?
- This recipe is both gluten free and vegan, making it a fantastic side for almost everyone.
3. What should you serve instant pot coconut curry rice with?
- Coconut milk rice pairs well with many entrees and sides. Here are some of my favorites:
A quick and easy instant pot coconut curry rice with savory and aromatic curry spices that blend perfectly with sweet and creamy coconut milk to make the perfect side dish.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup water or broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp curry powder (I prefer Primal Palate)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Cilantro (optional garnish)
- Add all the ingredients to the instant pot and mix to combine.
- Secure the lid and set the instant pot on high pressure for 4 minutes
- Let it naturally release for 10 minutes and then finish venting.
- Use a fork to fluff the rice and serve immediately
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: instant pot coconut curry rice, coconut curry rice, how to make instant pot coconut rice, rice with curry and coconut