I feel like this post may be a little late since peach season is almost over and many of you won’t need a recipe for your plethora of summer peaches. Oh well – better late than never I guess. I live in TN which is really close to GA so in the summer Nashville is flooded with special GA peaches. It seems like each year people eagerly await the arrival of these peaches and are devastated when they leave. I have never really been able to jump on the bandwagon. Sometimes I think that I have a complicated relationship with peaches and I find that buying them is often difficult for me. I think it is really hard to purchase a good tasting peach or you have to sell one of your limbs to pay for a bag of good peaches. Needless to say, I don’t buy them often and it is probably because I overthink my purchase each time but last week I didn’t. I bought some peaches before they went out of season and I made some pretty awesome guacamole with it!
I have this Rick Bayless book on margaritas, snacks, and guacamole. I’m pretty sure I have mentioned it in one of my previous posts because it is one of my favorites. The book contains a myriad of different guacamole recipes and combinations that I honestly would never thought of doing before I read the book. I typically stick to a very classic recipe. Ever since I read the book I have started playing around with guacamole flavors a bit more. Something that I have found is that the avocado in all its deliciousness is a perfect base for countless different flavor profiles. There are not many foods that can hold and enhance flavors like the avocado does and I think it’s magical! This recipe is a really great blend of sweet, smokey and spicy! The peach brings a sweet flavor with a little bit of smokiness from the grill that is enhanced by the bacon. Then it is brought together with a large amount of jalapeno giving it a memorable kick! This is great served with your favorite chips or on top of a salad, burger or grilled chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 peach
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 large avocados
- 2 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat grill to 450. Cut your peaches in half, twist open and remove the pit.
- Place them face down on the grill for about 2-3 minutes. You want them softened and slightly charred.
- Let it cool and then chop in to bite sizes pieces.
- Add the avocado and gently smash with a fork or spoon.
- Fold in the bacon pieces and serve immediately or place in the refrigerator with the avocado pits to keep it from turning.
- If you don’t have a grill then I would recommend using a cast iron skillet to sear the peach.
- Serving Size: 4