My love for Buffalo sauce, goat cheese and cauliflower is quite serious and borderline obsessive. We go through the tessamae hot buffalo sauce like water in our house. I just put it on this that and everything.
I went to Jospehine a few weeks ago and they had a buffalo and cauliflower appetizer that kind of inspired this recipe. I know that it is pretty standard to put bleu cheese with buffalo but I decided to do a creamy goat cheese instead. The main reason being that I can’t tolerate cow dairy very well. Goat cheese melts very differently so don’t be alarmed if there is a little bit of separation between the buffalo and the melted cheese.
This is a really simple and flavorful side dish that goes well with just about everything and would be a great dish to serve during some March Madness parties.
Buffalo and Goat Cheese Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stovetop
Spicy Buffalo and Goat Cheese Cauliflower served with creamy goat cheese.
- 1 head cauliflower florets
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup goat cheese (chevre)
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and add the olive oil
- Cut the cauliflower florets of the stems and in to bite size pieces.
- Once the oil is hot add the cauliflower to the pan and sprinkle the salt on top. Let sauté for about 3 minutes and then put a lid on the pan and cook for another 5-8 minutes or until cauliflower is starting to soften.
- Remove the cauliflower from the pan and set aside on a plate or in a bowl.
- Add the buffalo sauce and goat cheese and continually stir the mixture until cheese has melted.
- Add the cauliflower back to the skillet and let it cook in the buffalo sauce for 3-5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately while hot.
- Buffalo sauce and goat cheese may separate some but mixture is still fine.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: buffalo and goat cheese cauliflower, goat cheese cauliflower, buffalo cauliflower
Leave a Reply