I find that breakfast is the meal with dietary restrictions that I can get the most bored with. I am always trying to discover new recipes for it and recently discovered the breakfast salad. I actually find that I really just enjoy leftover dinner most of the time so that is probably why I enjoy this salad so much.
This salad is a super refreshing breakfast salad that is great on its own or also a great side to a larger brunch. It utilizes a lot of seasonal produce and is super refreshing for the warmer months. You can easily switch out your favorite greens and favorite produce.
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Snap the tough bottoms off of the bottom of the asparagus. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper on the asparagus and roast for approximately 15 minutes.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar. Put a lid on the jar and shake vigorously until dressing is combined. Set aside.
- Combine the kale, lettuce, roasted asparagus and roasted sweet potato in a bowl and toss together. Divide it on to two different plates and top with fried egg and desired dressing.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: breakfast salad, breakfast salad with egg, breakfast salad with sweet potato