These Balsamic Marinated Peppers is my third installment for our local Bloomsbury Farm CSA recipes. Let me tell you something – it has been one AWESOME CSA season. We are seriously SO spoiled with the best produce around.
We are currently in of my favorite produce seasons. My husband tells me I say that every week we go to the farmers market and that may be slightly true because I just like everything we get. Anyway, if you have followed me for a while you know that I really really like peppers and all things spicy. Peppers are in abundance right now and the flavor of these peppers is absolutely incredible. I really wanted to create a simple recipe where the peppers just get shine and be star of the party. I have been making pickled onions like it is nobody’s business lately and that is what triggered the idea for this recipe.
These peppers are marinated in a simple balsamic and olive oil mixture. Once you strain the peppers you can actually the marinade as a salad dressing and it is SO good.
You can eat them pepper as they are or you can garnish any salad, entrée, burger etc. The options are endless.
A simple and delicious way to use bell peppers. Marinate them in balsamic and spices and serve on your favorite salad, sandwich or burger.
- 4–5 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey or maple
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Slice the peppers and place them in a bowl and toss with the salt. Let them sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the balsamic, olive oil, lemon juice, honey and garlic to a jar with a lid and shake until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the marinade over the pepper mixture and let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Add the chopped basil and then let it set for another 15 minutes and then strain the peppers and reserve the liquid.
- You can use the reserved liquid as a salad dressing (optional).
- Serve the peppers on top of your favorite salad or as a garnish to spice up an entrée.
- These peppers were pretty small so if you have really large ones I would only do two bell peppers.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: marinated bell peppers, balsamic marinated peppers, how to marinate bell peppers