A simple and delicious way to use bell peppers. Marinate them in balsamic and spices and serve on your favorite salad, sandwich or burger.
- 4–5 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey or maple
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Slice the peppers and place them in a bowl and toss with the salt. Let them sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the balsamic, olive oil, lemon juice, honey and garlic to a jar with a lid and shake until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the marinade over the pepper mixture and let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Add the chopped basil and then let it set for another 15 minutes and then strain the peppers and reserve the liquid.
- You can use the reserved liquid as a salad dressing (optional).
- Serve the peppers on top of your favorite salad or as a garnish to spice up an entrée.
- These peppers were pretty small so if you have really large ones I would only do two bell peppers.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: marinated bell peppers, balsamic marinated peppers, how to marinate bell peppers