Curry is kind of a new (ish) thing for me and I absolutely love the flavor this Red Thai Curry Coconut Carrot Soup. I have found that I am drawn toward red curry more than any of the others. I think it’s the lemongrass and chili flavor I love so much in it.
I have been playing around with a classic thai curry soup recipe lately and haven’t quite mastered it yet. I did however, come up with a whole different twist on that soup which is this recipe.
I was blown away at how good this was and how much the curry flavor complemented the carrots. I didn’t make this recipe overly spicy so if you want more spice feel free to increase red curry amount and try to not eat the whole pot in one sitting.
Thai Red Curry Coconut Carrot Soup
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- 1.5lbs Carrots cut in to large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and quartered
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp thai red curry paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Heat a large soup pot over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Wash the carrots and cut off the root end and chop in to large bite size pieces and add to the soup pot with the bell pepper.
- Saute the carrots and bell pepper for about 3 minutes and then put a lid on the pot and let them cook for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the grated ginger and garlic and stir and then add the water.
- Put the lid back on and let cook for another 10-15 minutes or until carrots are softened.
- Add coconut milk, red curry, lime, coconut aminos, cilantro, salt and pepper to the blender and then carefully add in the hot carrot mixture.
- Blend until smooth and then add it back to the soup pot to simmer for a few more minutes and then serve.
- Feel free to adjust the thai red curry spice to personal taste.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: red Thai carrot soup, Thai carrot soup with coconut milk, red curry carrot soup with coconut
Leave a Reply