I love a good breakfast hash or really a hash for any meal of the day. I just think they are so easy to throw together and always so satisfying. We usually make hashes when we need to use up a bunch of produce or if I haven’t done any meal planning.
This is a perfect simple and seasonal breakfast hash. We love to make it the night before for a quick breakfast before work. I decided to use the new Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Spice from their new AIP pack. This blend is SO good, which is not really that surprising because all of their other ones are ridiculously good. My husband kept saying this meal tasted like Thanksgiving.
I used a sausage we get from our local farmer that is a little bit spicy but you really can use any type of ground breakfast sausage you prefer. I love to use sweet potatoes and parsnips but you can really exchange them for any potato or root vegetable.
Sweet Potato and Parsnip Breakfast Hash
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
Savory Sweet Potato and Parsnip Breakfast Hash. A great vegetable protein based breakfast to fuel your day.
- 1 large sweet potato, diced (approximately 3 cups)
- 2 large parsnips, diced (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground breakfast or hot pork sausage*
- 2 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Spice*
- Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes, parsnips, sea salt and oil to the pan and toss together.
- Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through and slightly crispy.
- While the vegetables are roasting heat a large skillet to medium high heat and cook the sausage and chop in to small pieces. Strain the grease out of the pan if necessary.
- After the vegetables are done roasting add them and the Garlic & Herb Spice to the sausage and mix together.
- Serve while hot and add cilantro and avocado if desired.
- If you don’t have access to these spices you can add in one of your favorite garlic and herb blends.
- I use a hot pork sausage but feel free to use whatever ground breakfast sausage you prefer
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: sweet potato and parsnip breakfast hash, sweet potato and sausage hash, breakfast hash with parsnip and sweet potato
Leave a Reply