Read more HERE!
I have a serious love for potatoes. Seriously, is there anyone who really doesn’t because they are absolutely perfect for brunch and I will almost always chose a hearty potato and sausage hash over anything else.
The hearty potatoes, and spicy sausage pair together perfectly to give you a mouth-watering breakfast hash that is sure to please everyone.
This potato and sausage breakfast hash really is incredibly simple to make and perfect for feeding a large crowd. It can also be used for a make ahead breakfast so you can have a quick meal before running out the door.
Looking for more breakfast hash recipes? Be sure to check out these reader favorites
- Potato Hash
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ lb hot pork sausage
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1–2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are slightly softened.
- Pour the potatoes in to a colander and strain all the liquid.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the pork sausage. Cook the sausage and chop in to small pieces. Once cooked, pour the sausage and pour into a bowl and set aside (strain grease if needed).
- Saute the onions and peppers for about 3 minutes and then add the potatoes and seasonings.
- Saute for a few minutes and then add the butter or ghee on top and let melt over the potatoes. Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are browned. Add the sausage in the last few minutes of cooking.
Keywords: potato and sausage hash, sausage hash, breakfast hash, potato hash, brunch hash
[amazon_link asins=’B00TTZGVSC’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9fe56c35-efd3-11e7-aff0-63a5558b4824′]