I’m obsessed! I can’t get over how much I love this new dessert! Here is the truth! I used to think smoothie bowls were a weird concept! I didn’t really understand the premise behind them. I recently ordered an acai bowl at a place near my office because I was starving! It was an insanely delicious smoothie bowl but I went in total blood sugar coma. I remember thinking, “this is like a dessert!”
A couple days later I had a major sweet tooth and it was freakishly hot outside so decided to make a dessert smoothie bowl and it was SO good! I felt like I was eating fro-yo which I haven’t had in years so I was pretty excited!
I really love how this has no refined or added sugars! It’s just mixed berry and banana frozen fruit and delicious toppings. I chose to put cocoa nibs on top so satisfy my chocolate chip craving. Even though I have added chocolate chips and cocoa nibs and that is pure magic!
Frozen fruit lends the best texture for these smoothie bowls because you want it to be thick. I have a blendtec and it definitely gives it a run for its money. I would recommend starting with less liquid and adding as you go.
Feel free to add your favorite fruits and toppings and enjoy this delicious fro-yo style smoothie bowl!Print
- ¾–1 cup non-dairy milk
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 Tbsp almond butter (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Sliced Banana
- Cocoa nibs
- Chopped pecans
- Shredded coconut
- Add the smoothie bowl ingredients to the blender and blend until mixture is smooth but thick. If too runny add more frozen fruit or ice.
- You may need to stop the blender periodically to stir the mixture.
- I would start off with 3/4 cup liquid and add more as you need it. Your blender may get a little bit of a work out with this smoothie bowl.
Keywords: mixed berry smoothie bowl, smoothie bowl made with mixed berries, berry smoothie bowl