This is basically the easiest salad ever and so delicious. I told you all that I had a way for you all to use up the roasted pumpkin I posted last week and well….it is this salad. I am a huge fan of eating seasonally and locally so I often try to create recipes around that. We have started getting Kale in our CSA again and it is basically the size of a small child so I have to get creative with using it. I’m not complaining AT ALL. I absolutely love that it is so massive!
I wanted to throw together a simple salad so decided to massage some kale with some Tessamae Honey Mustard and then top it off with pecans, sprouts and roasted pumpkin. You can easily use any dressing you prefer and switch out the pumpkin for sweet potato or butternut. However, if you are feeling adventurous I definitely recommend the pumpkin.
- 5 cups kale, chopped and stems removed
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup sprouts
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin
- 2–3 Tbsp Tessamae honey mustard (or dressing of choice)
- Put the kale in a large bowl and pour the dressing over the greens. Use your hands to knead the dressing in to the kale to tenderize the leaves.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl and toss. Serve immediately.
- You can really use any type of dressing that you prefer on this salad. Also, green apples are a great addition!
Keywords: massaged kale and roasted pumpkin, roasted pumpkin and kale salad,