This Loaded Potato Wedge recipe may be one of the best and worst things that have ever happened to me. They are extremely delicious so that’s where it fits in to the “best” category. However, they are also highly addictive and I can’t stop eating them so that is where they fit in to the “worst” category.
This recipe is so fun though and perfect for football season. It is very filling and great for a large group of people. It also satisfies that whole nacho craving without all the plastic cheese components.
I chose to drizzle a creamy and spicy mixture on top. It is a combination of chipotle mayo and buffalo sauce. If you can’t handle much spice though you can easily use regular mayo. We really enjoy the chipotle mayo from Primal Kitchen or Sir Kensington.
You can easily add any of your favorite nacho toppings or vegetables. I once added roasted broccoli because it sounded good and my husband thought it was the funniest thing. I guess he had never seen broccoli on loaded potato wedges before. Side note – it is surprisingly delicious. Proof that vegetables can be amazing in everything. Hah! Also – the pickled onions kind of make this dish so don’t skimp on those ;).
Anyway, just have some fun with the recipe and I hope you all enjoy!Print
Delicious Loaded Potato Wedges with buffalo sauce, bacon, goat cheese and spicy pickled onions. Perfect dish to throw together for a party.
- 2 lbs potatoes, I prefer gold
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chipotle mayo (see notes)
- 1/3 cup buffalo or wing sauce (see notes)
- 5 oz goat cheese
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Spicy pickled onions
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a cooling rack on top.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then cut those halves lengthwise and then repeat one more time. You can slice those in half one more time if you want even smaller wedges
- Toss the wedges with the coconut oil, chili powder, garlic and sea salt.
- Place the wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet that is lined with the cooling rack and cook for 25 minutes. Rotate the pan and cook for another 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and cooked through.
- While the potatoes are cooking mix together the chipotle mayo and buffalo sauce and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done cooking place them on a large try or plate. Top with the goat cheese, bacon, cilantro, pickled onions, avocado and then drizzle on the hot sauce mixture right before serving.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Loaded potato wedges, goat cheese and bacon loaded potato wedges, buffalo and goat cheese potato wedges