Few things I love more than this hearty Instant Pot Balsamic Beef Stew because it is basically the perfect meal with beef, carrots and potatoes all cooked in some nourishing broth.
I decided to vary from the classic flavors and add some balsamic vinegar to this beef stew to add some depth of richness in the flavor. Balsamic and beef are a wonderful flavor combination in general and unquestionably one of my personal favorites.
The best part about this balsamic beef stew is that it is designed for the instant pot which means that it only takes 30 minutes to cook. How amazing is that?!
If you don’t have an instant pot I would highly recommend looking in to buying one. I honestly don’t say that about many kitchen appliances but this one is worth every single penny. They definitely go on sale ALL the time on Amazon and I currently have THIS one and can’t even tell you how much I use this kitchen appliance.
The instant pot can cook just about anything in about half the time or possibly even more and I think we can all agree that life is busy and saving time on meals is always a win.
This balsamic beef stew is great for the upcoming fall and winter season because it can feed a crowd or you can make a batch to have as some meal prep for the week.
Dinner just got a lot easier with this 30 minute instant pot balsamic beef stew. Stew beef, potatoes and carrots cooked in a flavorful balsamic broth.
- 2lbs beef stew meat (cubed)
- 4–5 Tbsp olive oil (see notes)
- 5 carrots, sliced ½ inch thick
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 cups beef broth or bone broth
- 1 ¼ lbs red potatoes, quartered
- Press the sauté button on the instant pot and heat the oil. Pat the beef stew dry with a paper towel and sear the meat on both sides for about 30 seconds and remove from the pot. You will have to do this in batches.
- Add more olive oil to the pot if necessary and then add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Then the rosemary, oregano, pepper and salt and sauté for another minute.
- After that add the beef stew back to the instant pot and mix with the vegetables and then add the balsamic vinegar and broth and mix.
- Lastly, place the potatoes on top and then seal the lid on the instant pot and turn off the sauté function.
- Press the manual button and set the timer for 30 minutes on high pressure.
- Let the stew manually release for a few minutes and then vent. If you are not in a hurry you can let it vent on its own.
- As you sear the batches of beef you may need to add more oil if the bottom of the pot begins to dry up. Add more oil as needed.
Keywords: instant pot beef stew, instant pot balsamic beef stew, beef stew in instant pot, balsamic beef, how to make beef stew in instant pot
[amazon_link asins=’B00FLYWNYQ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4173d097-fd66-11e7-9e41-7df8851a935e’]