I promise I do use other herbs than cilantro. I am really sorry if you are one of those people who genetically hate cilantro because it tastes like soap. This has been one of my favorite ways to make grilled chicken for a long time. I am not really sure why it has taken me so long to post the recipe for it. It is super simple and always a huge hit for a crowd.
You can easily double this recipe and grill a bunch of chicken for a BBQ or if you just want to eat a lot of chicken. I prefer to grill this recipe because the flavor really shines. You can also pan fry it if you don’t have a grill. I find that it usually takes long to cook on a stove (or maybe my stove stinks).Print
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, packed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1–1.5lbs chicken breasts or thighs
- Place all the ingredients except the chicken in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture in a zip lock bag or a shallow dish and add the chicken. Make sure to thoroughly coat it.
- Cover the mixture and put it in the refrigerator. Marinade it for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- Preheat grill to 450. Place chicken on the grill and cook for about six minutes a side or until chicken reaches 165.
- Let chicken set for about five minutes and then serve.
- You can easily double this recipe to feed more people. Pan frying is also an option if you don’t have a grill.
- Serving Size: 4