I am not someone who likes to label recipes the “best” but if I were someone who did that then this Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie recipe would be one of those. This is legitimately one of the best cookies I have ever made.
I have had this recipe for a while but it is SO good that I had a really hard time deciding how I wanted to photograph it. I actually did a reshoot because I didn’t feel like the pictures showed just how delicious these are. Hah! Food blogger problems.
So we don’t eat a lot of oats in our house but I REALLY love a good chocolate chip oatmeal cookie and these have quickly become a favorite treat in our house. A lot of times the base of cookies is butter, shortening or oil and I decided to do something a little different with these and do a mixture. It is part almond butter and part melted grass-fed butter and this helps keep the cookie from not being so heavy from the butter while giving the cookie some caramelization.
This is a great batter to make ahead of time and it can be stored in an airtight container overnight. I like to do that if we know we are having people over. It allows me to serve a fresh and warm batch of cookies with very little work on my part. You just want to pull the batter out of the fridge for about 20 minutes before cooking.
Just trust me – you want to make these cookies. I am not “technically” claiming they are the best but I may be suggesting as much.
The BEST Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Made with grass-fed butter, coconut sugar, oat and oat flour. The perfect indulgent and naturally gluten-free treat.
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¾ cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2.5 cups gluten free quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add the almond butter, melted butter and coconut sugar to a large bowl and mix with a hand or stand mixer until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add the oats, oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt and mix until just combined.
- Add the chopped pecans and chocolate chips and mix.
- Scoop about two tablespoons of cookie dough and place on the baking sheet and flatten the top just a little.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and then let the cookies cool on a rack. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Batter can be made one day ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before baking to bring it closer to room temperature.
Keywords: gluten-free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, oatmeal cookies, oatmeal cookies with oat flour, oat flour chocolate chip cookies