I have a recipe on the blog for my original Gluten Free Banana Waffles. They are probably one of my all-time favorite recipes and are definitely the recipe I get the most feedback on.
I have a serious love for waffles. Preferably the really big SQUARE Belgian waffles. I have a thing against round waffles. It was a huge discussion when my husband and I were registering for things before we got married. He likes round waffles and I like square and he ended up letting me pick the waffle maker.
I randomly had an idea to add cocoa to the original banana waffle recipe and it was seriously DELICIOUS! In all honesty, it basically tastes like a brownie but way easier than making brownies. I didn’t actually end up eating these for breakfast. I used them as a dessert one night. They taste pretty magical with some ghee on top and a little bit of maple syrup. So next time you are having a craving for breakfast, dessert and something easy – these waffles are for you!!
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Waffles
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Maker
- 2 small bananas (12 oz)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Chocolate chips
- Fresh Cherries
- Sliced banana
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Then follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your waffle maker
- Preheat your oven to 200 and place a baking sheet in the oven. You can keep the waffles warm until you are out of batter.
- How many waffles this batter makes is really going to depend on your waffle maker. Mine makes pretty massive waffles and requires more batter.
Keywords: gluten-free chocolate banana waffles, chocolate banana waffles
Leave a Reply