UPDATED – August 31st, 2017
I have a very deep love for banana bread or muffins. I buy “too many” bananas and pretend like I didn’t do that on purpose just so I can make something out of them. I am pretty sure that I will have a million different banana bread recipes on the blog in the next couple years.
I have made a myriad of different gluten-free or grain free banana breads over the years and a lot of them have been awesome. However, I really wanted to simplify a recipe so that I didn’t have to use so many ingredients and could also throw them together quickly.
I discovered that Cassava flour worked the best and probably the closest flour to the real deal. Amazon sells several options of Cassava flour. A couple affordable ones are Otto’s Naturals and Anthony’s.
The texture and flavor of the gluten-free banana muffins are amazing and I really don’t have to use very much in them so that is a total win. I decided not to include any added sweeteners in this. I really think that the banana is enough. I do have a weakness for chocolate chips in banana bread but they are optional along with the pecans and coconut.
Easy cassava flour banana muffins with no added sugars. Simple, delicious and made with only one gluten-free flour.
- 1 cup smashed very ripe banana (approximately 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Smash the bananas in a large bowl and then add the oil and whisk together. Add the egg and thoroughly mix until combined and then whisk in the vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the cassava flour, ground flax, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and whisk until combined.
- Add the nuts, coconut and chocolate chips if desired.
- Fill each muffin liner about 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes.
Keywords: gluten-free banana muffins, cassava flour banana muffins, paleo banana muffins, no sugar banana muffins