Easy cassava flour banana muffins with no added sugars. Simple, delicious and made with only one gluten-free flour.
- 1 cup smashed very ripe banana (approximately 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Smash the bananas in a large bowl and then add the oil and whisk together. Add the egg and thoroughly mix until combined and then whisk in the vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the cassava flour, ground flax, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and whisk until combined.
- Add the nuts, coconut and chocolate chips if desired.
- Fill each muffin liner about 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes.
Keywords: gluten-free banana muffins, cassava flour banana muffins, paleo banana muffins, no sugar banana muffins