I have been making this Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Bark for a couple months now. I had a random chocolate craving one day but really wanted to have nuts or seeds in the chocolate. I ended up melting some chocolate and then mixing in a bunch of my favorite add-ins and that is how this recipe was born. It has quickly become one of my favorite things to bring to parties or events because it only takes a few minutes to make.
I like to have pumpkin seeds, pecans, coconut flakes and cacao nibs in my chocolate bark but you can easily substitute any of your favorite nuts or seeds. The options are really endless with this recipe so think of it as more of a template.
If I am not in a hurry I will just let this bark set out on the counter but I have also thrown it in the refrigerator or freezer to speed up the time it needs to set. It works really well and honestly a life saver when I forget I need to bring a dessert to an event.
This also makes a great homemade holiday gift. You can easily double this recipe to feed a large crowd.
Dark chocolate bark loaded with cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut. A simple and delicious dessert to snack on.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the chocolate to a large glass bowl and melt in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted mix in the cacao nibs, pecans, pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes.
- Pour the mixture on the baking sheet and use a knife or spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle with a little salt if desired.
- Let the mixture set for 1-2 hours and then break the bark in to pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- In a rush? You can let the bark set in the refrigerator or freezer to speed up the process.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: dark chocolate pumpkin seed bark, dark chocolate pumpkin seed bark recipe, dark chocolate bark with pumpkin seeds