Chocolate Pumpkin Butter Cups! Pretty sure you would have to live in a hole to not realize it is Pumpkin EVERYTHING season. I am a huge fan of pumpkin desserts but I do feel like each year gets a little more pumpkin crazy.
I am being super basic and adding to the pumpkin craze. This is not the only recipe I have coming either…..#sorrynotsorry.
A while back I posted a recipe for some Peanut Butter Coconut Cups and I decided to rework the recipe to make a pumpkin variation. Chocolate and pumpkin is probably one of my favorite flavor combinations.
This recipe really is so incredibly easy and D E L I C I O U S! The filling is made from cashew butter, pumpkin and spices.
I also like to use a really dark chocolate – anywhere from 70-85%.
The only thing that takes some time is waiting for the layers and chocolate to set.
What are your favorite pumpkin desserts?!
Chocolate Pumpkin Butter Cups
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 60
- Yield: 16 1x
Looking for a healthy holiday or halloween treat? These Chocolate Pumpkin Butter Cups are vegan, gluten-free and low in sugar.
- 9 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 12 disposable baking cups.
- Scoop about two teaspoons of melted chocolate in to the bottom of the liner and up the sides some.
- Pop them in the freezer for about 5 minutes to let the chocolate set while you prepare the filling.
- Add the coconut oil, cashew butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt to a small saucepan. Heat until oil is melted and everything is mixed together. Set aside.
- Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and fill each one with about two teaspoons of pumpkin filling and then pop them in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and top the cups with about a teaspoon more of melted chocolate.
- Move the cups to the refrigerator until chocolate and filling has set. Approximately 1-2 hours.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: chocolate pumpkin butter cups, chocolate and pumpkin recipe, pumpkin butter, chocolate pumpkin dessert
[amazon_link asins=’B00IVCRVQA,B0083COJDG,B003XUL1V6,B000SABX12′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’0793e726-b348-11e7-bbcf-152a4a6d3a1e’]
Leave a Reply