This is my first official post on the new website! Woo Hoo! What do you all think of it?! I am hoping it is much easier for you all to navigate and access recipes.
This beef stew recipe is a staple in our house even when it is 90 degrees outside. It is basically an easy and convenient pot roast which is one of my all-time favorite meals. It is one of those meals that I have been making for a long time but have never taken the time to write down. I figured it was probably time to share one of our go-to weeknight meals.
This recipe is very customizable to your personal preference. You can easily switch out vegetables or add more or less of something. It is a pretty large batch of stew so it is great for leftovers the next day.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1.5 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 7–8 cups bone broth or beef stock
- Heat a large skillet with olive or coconut oil. Once the oil is hot add the stew meat and let the outside of the meat brown for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the meat to a crockpot with all of the other ingredients and cook on high for about five hours or on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove the thyme springs and the bay leaf and serve.
- Serving Size: 4