Vegan Turmeric Ginger Ice Cream made with creamy coconut milk, warming spices and sweetened with natural sugars. All topped with some candied maple pecans.
Vegan Turmeric Ginger Ice Cream
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3.5 ounces dates, pitted (I prefer Date Lady dates)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp fresh turmeric, freshly grated (or 2 tsp ground)
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Pinch of salt
Candied Maple Pecans
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple
- Combine all of the ice cream ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain the batter through a sieve if dates are not fully blended.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow according to manufacturers instructions.
- Store in an airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Heat a skillet to a medium heat and add the coconut oil and melt.
- Add the maple syrup and let mixture lightly simmer for about two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the pecans and let the mixture simmer and stir them frequently. Let the mixture reduce and simmer for about 8-10 minutes until sugar mixture is thickened.
- Pour the pecans on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let cool and then break apart in to pieces.
- Serve on top of ice cream as a garnish if desired
- The candied pecans in this recipe are optional. They add some great texture and sweetness but not necessary.
- I use THIS ice cream maker
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: turmeric ginger ice cream, golden milk ice cream, turmeric ice cream with coconut milk, vegan golden milk ice cream